Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let's Begin: Closets!

Last wednesday with the help of my sister (who was forced ) cleaned out every closet in my house. It felt so good to organize and throw away clutter and "stuff " that you hang on to no apparent reason. Apparently cleaning out my closets just wasn't enough.

So... Yesterday at my moms house I managed to tear apart her whole room by cleaning out her closet. Really have I lost my mind! Do you know how much stuff our parents keep? But the idea that my mom has this nice walk in closet and it was being used as storage not a closet kept me going... no wonder she hates getting dressed, she can't find anything! So I started this project at almost 3pm. My mom about flipped when she got home...she is a clean freak, with the exception of her closet. We went through her clothes and boxes of old memories... laughing, crying and all. (her closet looks awesome now!)

With the help of english muffins and coffee... we were able to tackle the linen and guest room closets as well!

 3 am... 12 hours later...  6 garbage bags ...  1 bag of clothes ... and have a car FULL of goodwill stuff... I think it was a success!

Helpful Tips:

Everything needs a spot, if you can't find one... find one outside of the house! (garbage or goodwill)


Are you really going to use it/wear it? if not... garbage or goodwill it.



Everyone has a keepsake box. It is okay to have it and keep those random meaningful things in it!




 Use baskets or bins to organize items.


Get Inspired!

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty awesome Brit, I am inspired to clean out my bite sized closet and get organized in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blog britt... and also love you because you have a blog like this.. haha!

    ReplyDelete